Wednesday, February 13, 2008

The Big 7-0 Question: What to do?

So, I have reached level 70 and now it time to decide what to do with my in-game time. Fortunately, I was able to save a fair amount of gold and have nice tanking set and fair DPS sets. After enchants and gems my tank set should be good for off-tanking 10-mans, while with some crafted leathers I should be able to get my DPS into more reasonable ranges than it is currently (around 430). Mainly, I want to help out my guild who have done a lot for me by being a contributing member toward our 25-man aspirations. The things I can do for them and for myself include:

1) Farm gold for crafted leather DPS gear. I have considered picking up leatherwokring, but I know people who have the rare recipes I would like crafted, so that doesn't seem like a good casual idea. Flying around in flight form is pretty cool. I should be getting Swift Flight Form soon, and that should be even better for gathering herbs, which also helps my guild.



2) PvP This actually sounds great, but even for Veteran's Leather Boots I would need 14,280 honor, no huge task, AND 40 Eye of the Storm Tokens!!! Alliance never wins on my server, so that would be 40 trips to EotS. Not fun. Does not meet casual criteria number Zero- must have fun. With improvements to Warsong Gulch, marathon sessions should stop and make that BG the fun place it can be:

Warsong Gulch

  • When both flags are held, the flag carriers will receive 50% increased damage done to them after approximately 10 minutes and 100% increased damage after approximately 15 minutes.
  • Flag carriers can now be tracked 45 seconds after picking up the flag.


3) Do daily quests, which have never appealed to me. I know I don't have the dedication for the long-haul with the various factions, nor for developing some sort of repetitive motion psychosis. Look, I already live in the midwest, I don't need to do repetitive quests for fun.

4) Farm for Badge of Tenacity. I was reading about this today, and the summoned encounters seem pretty cool. Finding the peeps to do it with is the other issue. However, the Badge is pretty cool.

I will probably farm gold with herbs, grind the badge and help out my guildies until Kara time once per week, which sounds like a good existence at this point.
Along the way, I hope to acquire a Talbuk too. I do have rogue and hunter alts I can work on too. It may be nice to have a horde character at the time Wrath of the Litch King is released.

I guess this is 70?


0 comments: